Yesterday, the World Press Photo announced this year's 163 candidates for the Joop Swart Master Class.
Among the nominees are a lot of former and one present DMJX-students:
- Arko Datto, India - international Photo2, fall 2013.
- Evgeny Makarov, Germany - international Photo2, spring 2014.
- Fabian Weiss, Germany - international Photo2, fall 2011.
- Kishor Kumar Sharma Ghorsaine, Nepal - international Photo2, spring 2014.
- Marie Hald, Denmark - Danish BA graduate from spring 2013.
- Mario Wezel, Germany - international Photo2, spring 2013.
- Matthew Abbott, Australia - international Photo1, spring 2008.
- Mohammad Reza Soltanitehrani, Iran - currently attending our international Photo2.
- Narendra Raj Mainali, Nepal - international Photo1, spring 2011.
- Sonja Och, Germany - international Photo2, spring 2011.
- Stefano Carini, Italy - international Photo2, spring 2012.
- Virginie Nguyen Hoang, Belgium - international Photo1, spring 2011.
In addition to this list, nominee Prashit Sthapit from Nepal is also connected to DMJX. Prashit Sthapit attended the DMJX master class for Nepali photographers held in 2011.
On the 22nd of April, an independent selection committee will choose the final 12 photographers, who will be invited to Amsterdam in November for the masterclass. The selected photographers will be announced on Saturday the 25th of April during the World Press Photo Award days in Amsterdam.
Søren Pagter is one of the 136 professionals in the field of photojournalism from all over the world who're nominating for this master class.